The key to receiving or manifesting, creating things or events or situations you want is to feel the emotion of gratitude. If you are not in the habit of being thankful for the little things in life that you already have or receive on a daily basis, then whipping up the emotion of gratitude is a bit more difficult.
Giving thanks in advance of something you have not yet received is taking gratitude to the next level – this is really powerful.
Easy ways to practice being in a state of gratitude:
- the habit of silently giving thanks before and after you eat
- thanks for the person who cooked it
- thanks for the availability of good ingredients – you didn’t have to go out and kill it, search for it or dig for it – and you may not even have grown any of it
- thanks for having been able to grow some of the meal yourself – if you did
- what about thanks for the dishwasher?!
- thanks for having had a good night’s sleep – if you did. If you didn’t then try giving thanks in advance for the next good night’s sleep you will have.
- thanks for the roof over your head – and if you happen to own the roof over your head then wow! that is something to be grateful for every day!
- thanks for the people who love you
- thanks for the people around you that you love
- thanks for the people you like and that do the little things every day to make your life easier.
- thanks for the weather – whatever it is
- thanks for anything that causes you to wonder and be in awe of
- thanks for the pleasing scenery around you
- thanks for the person who made you laugh, the inspiring film you just watched.
- thanks for the unexpected event that happens to enrich your life
- thanks for tomorrow which is going to be even better than today
- thanks for surviving the day!
- thanks to your feet – don’t they do a good job moving you from place to place every day?
- thanks for your sight – where would you be without it? Don’t take it for granted!
- thanks for your hands, mind, intellect
- thanks for…..come on you can do even better than me
Making a list like the above is a good way to remind you of much you may have forgotten that you have reason to be thankful for.